Not only do I love listening to music, but I also love watching music videos. With my wide of music interests, I have picked 5 of my favorite county music videos, each from a different artist.
- "I Can't Sleep" by singer Clay Walker. Directed by Trey Fajoy, this video is a classic. Clay Walker trails through the video searching and determined to find the woman whom is the reason he "Can't Sleep" and at the end of the video when he finds her, instead of having a happy ending, she ends up with another man. The video is shot in Mexico and provides beautiful scenery, good lyrics, and a great screen play.
- "The Thunder Rolls" by singer Garth Brooks. On May 12, 1991 when this video produced by Bud Shaetzle it caused quite a controversy. This video is about an abusive husband who is cheating on his wife, and the wife comes back to kill him. Even though this video was banned from TNN and CMT it still won the video of the year award.
- "Don't Take The Girl" sang by Tim McGraw and directed by Sherman Halsey is one of the most popular music videos of all time. It is a great montage of boy and girls relationship through the stages of life, with a dramatic heart breaking ending that will bring tears to your eyes.
- "Save A Horse Ride A Cowboy" sang by the musical duo Big and Rich, this video was a huge transition in country music, and lead country music to a place it had never been. This brought a whole new crowd of followers to country music and music video director David Hogan really created a dynamic video.
- "American Soldier". This video sang by Toby Keith, and directed by Paul Rachmen. This video is so impactful and really hits to home for people who are affected by the war on terrorism. This video shows the life of an American Soldier through powerful prideful lyrics.
All of these videos are very theatrical and have underlying stories that you have to watch the videos and really listen to the words of the songs to follow. They aren't just an artist and a camera. Even though some are controversial, the meanings in all of these videos are bold and also powerful, than many people are able to relate to.